According to Hollywood Reporter. Chow Yun-Fat will be playing the role of Master Roshi in the upcoming Dragon Ball film. He will be one of maybe 2 or 3 asians in a mostly white film based on a mostly asian (and some animal) anime/manga series.
While HR has the scoop on this tidbit, I have even more info to share with you. I have heard from my sources that Chow's role will be a small part, almost a cameo it will be so short. Chow is currently hard at work filming what is being called "a top secret Honk Kong film that will revive the action genre". And I guarantee it isn't DB they are speaking of.
This source also claims that Roshi will most likely die in the film, as Chow didn't seem interested in doing sequels.
Chow has also lined up a Stranglehold feature film with legendary director John Woo, and is also planning a new film with even more legendary Yuen Woo Ping. It is speculated that he will be working on Yuen's "The Hands of Shang Chi", bu not in the title role.
Stay tuned for more on this as we get it!
- ► 2010 (59)
12/16/07 - 12/23/07
- Day of the Dead = worst remake of all time?
- Awesome set photos from The Mummy 3 with Jet Li, M...
- Chow Yun-Fat to play Master Roshi in Dragon Ball!
- Duke Nukem Forever gets teaser tomorrow!
- 50 Cent caught on camera doing cocaine before a sh...
- The unveiling of the new KITT for the new KNIGHT R...
- J.J. Abrams to premiere Star Trek teaser before Cl...
- PS3 gets firmware 2.10! DivX, WMV, and a hell of a...
- Cruise bronzes Suri's first poop!
- Jumper official trailer!
- Teeth trailer! MUST SEE!
- Forbidden Kingdom trailer starring Jackie Chan and...
- Hancock Trailer!
- First on set stills of Goku from the new DRAGON BA...
- All new Dark Knight promotional stills!
- The Dark Knight trailer is officially up!
- Resident Evil Degeneration trailer!
- ▼ 12/16/07 - 12/23/07 (17)
- ► 2006 (272)